Travis Houze is a photographer based in Washington DC with a background in Portraiture and Event style work. Travis began his creative journey in the early 2000s in high school after gaining access to photo and video editing technology that allowed him to create artwork packaging and short documentary films. This interest continued to grow further as Travis continued to focus in on his photography and filmmaking skills as he attended The Art Institute of Washington in Virginia, when he eventually graduated with a Bachelors of Fine Arts along with 2 Honor's Awards for his accomplishments while attending.
Throughout the 2010's, Travis has continued to progress as lead photographer and created several award winning documentary short films for musicians and influencers including Roc Nation's A&R Rel Carter for his national showcase "The Rel Carter Culture Tour". Travis now continues to take his creative abilities nationwide to elevate his clients work with a distinct vision.
- Devin White's music video "Queen", filmed & directed by Travis Houze was featured in the "New Media Block" in the Pan African Film Festival in February 2020.
- Commissioned as the Lead Visual Artist and Documentarian for The Rel Carter Culture Tour spanning several national cities in the United States during the month of October and November 2017.
- Featured in The 2016, 2017 & 2018 James McLaughlin Memorial Staff Show at The Phillips Collection in Washington DC.
- Videography and Social Media branding for Momentum: Devin White Live at the Howard Theatre in May 2015. The social branding left 1,000 unique social media impressions and having approximately 300 people in attendance.
- Awarded Photographer of the Year by the Titan Arts Awards in Washington DC on December 2015 and nominated in 2017 for "Film of the Year" for his documentary "Sounds of the Summer".