From the mainstream radio stations to the local art galleries, filmmaker Travis Houze sits down with some of the most influential names in urban local music in the Washington D.C. Metro Area. He gets a chance to speak with well recognized DJ's and art curators as they speak on their experiences working within their field and their hopes for national recognition.
Please Note: the movie contains Strong Language and not suggested for children under 14, treat as PG-13 rated movie.
- Runtime: 19 Minutes
- The movie was shot in 2K and finalized with a 1080p digital intermediate.
- Aspect Ratio: 1:66.1
- Filmed on location in Washington DC.
- Featured in the "Short Film Competition" and awarded Film of the Year in the 2019 DC Black Theatre and Film Festival on June 25th 2019.
- Nominated Semi-Finalist in the Out of Focus Music Video Festival in 2019.
- Nominated for “Film of the Year” in the 2017 Titan Arts Awards.
- Featured on “Good Day DC” on FOX 5 on May 26th, 2017 with film director Travis Houze along with Roc Nation’s A&R Rel Carter and Radio Host Tony Redz.
If you would like to directly support the film, you can purchase a physical Blu-Ray or DVD, with over 50 minutes of extras and commentary about making the film. There is also an option to purchase a digital download of the film.
Blu Ray copies are available of the film under special request.